Arctic Climate Crisis Journey 2006

A seventy-five year old grandmother's journey to the arctic to learn what effect of global warming and the loss of the Polar Ice Cap will have for the Inuit People of the North, as well as the people of the entire planet. http://www.dorothycutting.ca

Friday, June 09, 2006

It's kind of hard to see the lettering on the rear bumper of my car in the photo I've posted. It reads, "I'M DRIVING MY HYBRID CAR TO GIVE MY GRANDCHILDREN A FUTURE." During my first trip across Canada in 2002, it attracted a lot of attention. Of course hybrids were a rarity then; now you see more and more on the road, not only because of the high price of gasoline, but because people are becoming more aware of the threat that high levels of CO2 are causing for our planet.

1 Comments:

Blogger awareness said...

Hi Dorothy

I just read the article in the Globe and Mail about your trip to the Arctic. Good for you! I wish you well on your journey. I'm sure your trip will help in waking citizens up to the realities of global warming.

Wed Jun 28, 02:28:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home