Arctic Climate Crisis Journey 2006

A seventy-five year old grandmother's journey to the arctic to learn what effect of global warming and the loss of the Polar Ice Cap will have for the Inuit People of the North, as well as the people of the entire planet. http://www.dorothycutting.ca

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Haida carver on Alaska Ferry

This man was from Massick in the Queen Charlottes. He recognized my Raven pendant as being by Miles Edgars. I bought it years ago in Queen Charlotte City, and it goes with me on long journeys.

As the Raven brought light to the World, I will try to bring truth to everyone I meet on this journey.

I liked the work of this man. Maybe I can find him someday, when I don't have budgetary constraints. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO I AM THE GRANDMOTHER OF THE WIDRIG CHILDREN--TAMMY IS MY DAUGHTER AND SHE IS MARRIED TO CHARLES. I NOTICED YOU WERE GOING TO MASSETT ON THE QUEEN CHARLOTTE ISLANDS--WE LIVED THERE IN 1969 AS TAMMY WAS BORN IN QUEEN CHARLOTTE CITY. EV CROMARTY

Sat Dec 16, 12:08:00 AM PST  
Blogger Carol Sheehan said...

Hi. This is Carol Sheehan. The Haida argillite carver that you met on the ferry is Cooper Wilson. I'm just finishing a book on contemporary Haida argillite carvers, due to be released June 10, 2008. It's called "Breathing Stone" and one chapter of the book is devoted to this outstanding Haida artist.

If you can't meet Cooper in Old Masset, then I hope you'll find time to read the book and discover what a brilliant man he is! Thanks, and blessings on your trip!

Thu Mar 20, 04:56:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home