Arctic Climate Crisis Journey 2006

A seventy-five year old grandmother's journey to the arctic to learn what effect of global warming and the loss of the Polar Ice Cap will have for the Inuit People of the North, as well as the people of the entire planet. http://www.dorothycutting.ca

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The mighty Yukon River

Yukon means "big river" in Athabaskan, and so it is, starting from northern BC and ending in the Bering Sea 3185 Kilometres later, making it one of the longest rivers in the world.

It moves swiftly past Whitehorse, I'm guessing at 50 K or more.

Whitehorse is named for the "Whitehorse Rapids." I'm not sure where that is. From the map I think it's just north of the city.

This may be the last time for a while that I have a chance to post to my blog. I can't be sure of an internet connection in Dawson City. I plan to call my daughter Melissa from time to time so she can let you know where I am.

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home